…also tamer stuff.
Learn or hone skills for commercials, narrations, and video games. Lessons via Skype or in-studio.
With a pedigree in musical and dramatic theater, DB has been acting and directing for more than 30 years— you’ve heard her in Bioshock 2, Hearthstone, Firefall, and DC Universe Online. She also casts and directs game dialogue, and is a vocal archetype consultant.
Game Developers Conference
• 2017 Rising Tides: Stories in Mentorship and Community (a Microtalk), Women in Game Audio Roundtable
• 2016 Beyond the “Sound Guy: Self-Promotion, Freelancing and the Work-Life Balance
— with Karen Collins, Jennifer Lewis, and Becky Allen
The Impostor Syndrome — with Stephan Schutze
• 2014 Mad Skillz for Directing Dialogue
• 2013 Dialogue: Who, When, Why — With Ed Lima, Simon Pressey, Duncan Watt, Jason Blair
• 2012 Take That! 2.0: New Skills and Tricks for Excellent Exertion Sounds
• 2011 VO Session Live! — with Michael Csurics. Designated voice talent and screamer.
• 2010 Take That! Finding, Trapping, and Taming Exertion Sounds
• 2009 (Austin) The Big Grunt: Exertion Sounds for Video Games
• 2008 (Austin) Blazing the Trail for Hot Game Dialog — with Marianne Krawczyk
• 2008 26 Slick Tricks for Game Dialog and Other Voiced Bits — with Patrick Fraley
• 2007 (Austin) Creating a New Age of VO for Video Games — with Patrick Fraley
Ohio Game Developer Expo/ GDEX
• 2016 Developing Voices, Fight Club, Casting and Directing Non-Language Specific Vocalizations, Mini-Mentorship: Audio, GDEX Audio Showcase Judge
• 2015 Mad Skillz for Directing Dialogue, Fight Club, Mini-Mentorship: Audio, OGDE Audio Showcase judge.
• 2014 Studio Etiquette 101, Fight Club, OGDE Audio Showcase judge.
Take That ! Exertion Sounds for Video Games and ADR. Studio voice acting workshop. Voice Trax West, Studio City, CA
Game World : audition skills for video games — with Pat Fraley. Buzzy’s Recording, Hollywood, CA.
Guest speaker – Midway Entertainment’s Annual Audio Summit, Seattle
Beginning Voice Acting – Weekly classes, CP Casting, Boston MA